As an Amazon Associate, this firm earns from qualifying purchases.
Books from the Strategic Patent Law Team
by Barbara Russell Pitts, Mary Russell Sarao,
and Consulting Attorney Russ Weinzimmer
This handbook teaches you the right way to guide your idea all the way through the patent process and into the marketplace. Topics include patent searching, the patent process, followed by marketing your invention. This book enables you to successfully commercialize your invention either by licensing or selling your patent rights, or by creating a company around your invention.
by C.W. Allen and Cheri S. Hill
Learn how to set up and successfully oversee a corporation or LLC with this complete manual. Among the most significant decisions you will ever make is starting your own business. Having a properly formed entity as the foundation of your wealth creation venture is essential. Without it, you will owe more taxes and risk your hard-earned assets to lending institutions, the IRS, and actually anyone who is intent on filing a frivolous lawsuit against you.
by Joe Carlen
This book describes exactly how the pursuit of profit by individual women and men has actually been a prime driver in changing the world. Business owners commonly conflict with systems, technical innovations, social conventions, and even laws. They get around, innovate, and defy to obtain what they desire. Consulting rich archival sources, including some that have never previously been translated, Carlen outlines the trajectory of human history throughout nine time periods when entrepreneurship transformed our civilization.
by Joe Carlen
This biography of Benjamin Graham details Graham’s most fundamental wealth-creation principles while recounting the unconventional story of his incredible professional career and his unique personal life. Warren Buffett — commonly regarded as the most successful investor of all time — has consistently recognized Benjamin Graham as the main influence on his investment strategy. The author distills the highlights from Graham’s considerable published works, his posthumously released memoirs, and incorporates personal interviews with Warren Buffett, Charles Brandes, and numerous other leading value investors, along with Graham’s surviving kids and friends. Discover for yourself Carlen’s vibrant chronicle of Benjamin Graham’s remarkable life and time-tested methods for creating wealth.
by Robert Bell with Joe Carlen
From Lifeguard to Sun King is a fascinating story of the life of Robert Bell: the creator of the Banana Boat sun care brand and one of the USA’s most innovative entrepreneurs. Bell and his co-author Joe Carlen explain how and why his unique method of product creation, promotion, and distribution led him from the lifeguard chair to the throne of the Sun King: having established the Sun Care industry and constructed a consumer products empire. However, with all its often amusing and surprising anecdotes, this entrepreneurial autobiography is about much more than money. It is the tale of an individual who triumphed over all barriers to achieve seemingly impossible goals while having lots of fun along the way!
by Russell Krajec
Startup businesses have distinctive needs requiring patent strategies that typically do not apply to large corporations with well established products and procedures. As a result, startups often commit fatal mistakes, such as filing provisional patents (almost always a terrible choice), or acting as if their first patent is the most valuable one in their portfolio (it rarely ever is).
Investing In Patents explores the patent process from an investor’s perspective, but with insider expertise. Investment-grade patents are the result of diligent planning before filing the patent, and then careful and persistent handling throughout the process.
- Effective patents are understandable, uncomplicated, and easy to read, which makes them easier to examine, resulting in an issued patent that is legitimate and defensible.
- Effective patents capture genuine commercial value, not just novel technology.
NOLO Press by Richard Stim
You have a fantastic idea, and now you’re eager to earn a profit. You need to choose a partner or business you can trust, negotiate an equitable licensing deal, and bring your idea to the marketplace.
Profit From Your Idea teaches you how to negotiate and prepare a licensing contract that protects your interests and increases your chances of making money. With this all-in-one manual you’ll learn how to:
- Protect your intellectual property rights.
- Figure out ownership rights.
- Protect confidential information.
- Navigate the licensing landscape.
- Collaborate with licensing representatives.
- Discover and approach possible licensees.
- License internationally.
- Disclose your invention safely.
- Negotiate and update a contract agreement.
- Comply with industry-standard Fair, Reasonable, and Nondiscriminatory (FRAND) licensing terms.
OPM: Other People’s Money
How to Attract Other People’s Money for Your Investments — the Ultimate Leverage
by Michael A. Lechter
Other People’s Money will teach you how to:
- Develop methods for utilizing Other People’s Money to leverage your way to economic freedom.
- Search past the limits of your own resources.
- Persuade others to invest in your invention without giving away your ownership.
- Uncover the resources that effective investors employ to harness Other People’s Money.
- Track down and assess the assorted kinds of OPM accessible to you.
- Think creatively — and use that creativity to guide you to multiple sources of money.
What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know:
An Insider Reveals How to Get Smart Funding for Your Billion Dollar Idea
by Brian Cohen
Smart funding is looking for smart founders. Fundraising is mainly about connecting with the investor who’s right for you — and What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know outlines precisely how to succeed at that.
This trailblazing book provides step-by-step instruction for any entrepreneur seeking to launch an invention into an eager marketplace. Offering you a rare glimpse inside the minds of individuals who invest in businesses just like yours, this book prepares you for the best chance at financing your invention after your very first pitch.
by Kelly Roach
Bigger Than You is the entrepreneur’s guidebook to forming an UNSTOPPABLE TEAM. This book outlines each of the basic steps and proven strategies to take your team from zero to hero. Business owners at any age or stage who want to boost the profitability and effectiveness of their team can benefit from this information.
You will learn a methodical way to develop a championship team: motivated and qualified to help you accomplish your goals, obtain market dominance, and attain quick sustainable expansion. After finishing this book, you will know how to manage, engage, and keep top employees for life, even if you are just starting or have struggled to effectively build a team before.
Rich Dad Poor Dad:
What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
by Robert Kiyosaki
#1 Personal Finance Book of All Time
Rich Dad Poor Dad is Robert’s experience of being raised by two dads — his actual dad and the rich dad of his best friend — and the ways in which both men influenced his ideas about money and investing. The book shatters the myth that you must make a high income to be rich, and describes the difference between working for money and having money work for you.
Patent Application Books
NOLO Press by Jack Lo and David Pressman
This detailed manual teaches you how to accomplish a critical step in the patenting process: producing official patent figures that adhere to the strict regulations of the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In addition, it’s loaded with expert knowledge and useful guidance to enable you to create your patent illustrations the right way.
Whether you’re filing a Utility or Design Patent Application, How to Make Patent Drawings helps you:
- Choose the best strategy for your figures.
- Select (and employ) the right tools, from pens to software.
- Create effective and compliant illustrations.
- Answer Patent Office arguments and actions.
- Fix rejected drawings.
NOLO Press by David Pressman and David E. Blau
For 35 years, Patent It Yourself has helped countless inventors through the process of obtaining a patent, from beginning to end. This huge 672-page manual outlines the basic directions you need to navigate the US Patent Office requirements for getting an issued patent, so you can protect and profit from your invention.
Learn how to:
- Assess your invention’s commercial potential.
- Produce patent figures that comply with strict USPTO rules.
- Craft your Patent Application’s Claims.
- Prepare and file a Patent Application.
- Answer Patent Examiners’ Office Actions.
- Secure your patent rights internationally.
- Stop infringers from copying your invention.
- Promote or license your invention.
The current edition covers the most recent patent filing policy changes, including the First-to-File rules of the America Invents Act.
by Jeffrey G. Sheldon
Filled with drafting checklists and example drafting verbiage, applications, and illustrations, How to Write a Patent Application guides you step by step through the complicated process of preparing Patent Applications.
This massive 1,786-page reference manual helps you:
- Elicit from an inventor all the details required to prepare a successful Patent Application.
- Claim an invention with sufficient breadth.
- Claim an invention to ensure that the factors that render the invention non-obvious are plainly stated in the claims.
- Claim an invention whose validity will be upheld by the courts.
- Prevent detrimental drafting mistakes, such as faulty transitions, inconsistent phrasing, incorrect verb forms, and deficient functional language.
How to Write a Patent Application examines changes under the America Invents Act, the most recent US Patent and Trademark Office initiatives, and crucial decisions of the Federal Courts, offering the author’s practical recommendations and commentary. You can also signup to receive revisions as patent law changes.
As an Amazon Associate, this firm earns from qualifying purchases.